Television advertising is a large business.TV ad spending in the U.S. is projected to reach almost a billion of dollar per year by 2018. Usually, many of these billions are spent during upfront that time of year when traditional TV networks and, increasingly, digital media companies gather to present their fall lineups and field marketers for ad dollars. Whatever TV inventory hasn’t been sold. As a result, the entire media buying workout is extremely time-consuming and cumbersome, not to discuss an instinctive and thoughtless function because some conclusions also must be taken on-the-spot.
Programmatic has already reorganized. How media is accepted on digital, it is the time that it is announced for TV buying as well. Like in all technology, industries and data have become large activities directing all progress. TV is no concession to this. To see how the change is coming into the TV medium, we must understand how the medium works in the first place.
The technology is an accompanying change in the way TV audience buying is being done. The process is set to shape up differently in the coming days with the entry of programmatic TV. However, the beginning of digital marketing has made TV programming more flexible and superior to both consumers and marketers around the country and the world.
What is programmatic Tv Advertising?
Programmatic TV advertising is the strategy of using customer information for optimal and targeted media buying and creative messaging. It is one of the most transformation changes in digital advertising that has ever occurred of audience-based advertising transactions. It capsizes the industry standard, in which marketers rely on show ratings to determine desirable audiences for their ads.
Programmatic TV is a process of advertising which depend on digital tools in determining the best way to yield and use marketing content. In its place of depending on direct TV plans that broadcast programs on a set time and date, television marketers also have the option of dipping into the world of streaming TV, which is determined by the consumer and not the service provider. In other words, the consumer can watch a TV show whenever he or she wants.
Types of inventory in programmatic TV Advertising
Programmatic TV is the greatest technology that covers the end lines. Advertisers become more accustom towards the addressable, targetable and assessable audience across the digital platforms as well as to the connected TVs. It improves the targeting towards the linear with the same objectives.
There are several types of programmatic TV Advertising that are important to understanding when studying the programmatic TV Advertising.
- Gross-Rating Point (GRP): GRPs quantify impressions as a percentage of the target population, and allow marketers to forecast which spots they want to purchase based using basic age, gender targeting.
- Linear Television: The traditional program system in which an observer watches a scheduled TV program at the time it’s broadcasted, and on the channel, it’s originally presented on.
- Video-On-Demand: An over-the-top technology that allows consumers to choose what to watch and when to watch it through streaming.
What are the future benefits of Programmatic TV Advertising?
Marketing and promotion are all about taking your product or service to the right target audience at the pre-decided time, and in an efficient way.
The uses of programmatic TV advertising are given below:
- Reaching a more targeted audience: Programmatic techniques allow marketers to better understand audience composition and target beyond large-scale demographic and geographic swathes.
- More cost-effective: Media buyers will have access to the convenience of a scientific approach that helps do away with the time-consuming, laborious and, often, less-efficient ways of the manual TV advertising buying model.
- Easier to manage ad campaigns: Programmatic TV campaigns also provide improved brand exposure because the ads can reach a specific target audience, making marketing spend much more effective.
- More transparent reporting and insights: Programmatic Tv advertising helps create a customized dashboard for each product that their marketers want to promote and enables them to track the campaign’s performance for the desired target audience and other performance metrics that are relevant to the marketer.
- Faster execution: Programmatic TV Advertising can be used for effective brand building and winning customer loyalty for any sized company.